- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 17 September 2020 at 11:34 pm by Orion.
September 15, 2020 at 6:11 pm #844pok
Hello everyone! This is a PW Action server capped at level 12, with an aim to keep class and spell changes to a minimal – done with an effort by meticulously balancing items and encounters accordingly while keeping things challenging! The XP is slow-medium (since it’s capped at level 12), low magic, and highly quest focused. Because there are very few changes to the class and spells, along with no RP rules, and the fact that the server is hakless, you should be able to get into the action in no time.
We are also one of the extremely few persistent worlds that are open source. We’re also looking for help 24/7, big or small! We could use everyone from area designers, scripters, quest and dialogue writers, etc. No toolset or building knowledge is required. We are happy to walk you through the entire process as well as guide and mentor you! Stop by the Discord and we can get started 🙂
The story is set around the Wailing Death in Neverwinter, where you are a fledgling recruit to the Academy. You are first tasked with restoring order and stopping the chaos of thugs, necromancers, and others who seek to take advantage of Neverwinter in it’s weak state. Later on, you will be allowed to leave Neverwinter in pursuit of finding the reagents of cure, traveling to places such as the Neverwinter Woods, the Spine of World, the Underdark, and other dangerous places of the Sword Coast.
– Items are capped to +3. Finding such items, even a +1 item, is rare and valuable.
– No items with “True Seeing”, “Haste”, or immunities. As an example, a belt that used to give immunity to fear may instead give +3 to saving throws against fear. This is to strengthen and make all classes valuable.
– Unique loot (over 600+). No random +1 Cursed Longsword of Frost and other things like that. Most loot is handpicked, ported, and rebalanced from cRPG classics such as Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, other Neverwinter Nights modules/campaigns, and etc. Expect to find something like Taralash or Carsomyr in the treasure tables!
[b]Distributed Loot and Party Revival[/b]
Gold is evenly distributed to each player in a personal loot container, and any items are randomly distributed to each player in the vicinity. Being close to another friendly player or henchman will revive you outside of combat, similar to NWN2.
[b]Solo and Party Friendly[/b]
This server is friendly to both solo and party players. Not only can you hire a multitude of henchman, but you can also enlist help from the local militia to help you on your quest for free. The henchman are also more special than most other servers, as they have specific banters and comments for certain areas (most are voiced).
– Resting encounters and ambushes
– Random Event System
– Henchman and generic followers
– Summons, animal companions, and familiars do not affect XP
– Staves and shurikens count as monk weapons
– Most NPCs and enemies can be pickpocketed
– Enemies have a morale system
– Simple horse system
More extensive feature page here
Screenshots:September 17, 2020 at 11:34 pm #851Orion
Thanks for sharing this action PW! The screenshots look fabulous. The Wiki is nicely written and I like the map you have planned for all future areas. The mentoring for new builders is very generous. I may have to take you up on it one day!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.